Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is that everything?

To the left is... Just about everything I'll (hopefully) need to live off of a bicycle indefinitely. The picture is missing a few things I forgot to bring down, but otherwise I think I have just about everything.







And below is what it looks like when it's (mostly) all packed. Everything not in a bag will either be worn (there are clothes underneath that yellow vest), secured (e.g. tarp) or securing (e.g. bungees). Those with a keen eye will notice that there is a pannier completely empty! I plan on filling that with food.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to pack things. I have about eight places to put things: 2 large (large being a relative term) panniers in the back, 2 small panniers in the front, a handlebar bag on the handlebar, a seat bag on the seat-post, camelback backpack, bungeed on the rear rack. The panniers are basically big bags, as they don't have any real compartments (an unfortunate sacrifice, but one that allows them to be nearly 100% waterproof). I'm still working on a system to optimize storage/accessibility, and tomorrow I'm going to try to go through each bag and photograph its contents/further contemplate the best way to pack things.

No comments:

Post a Comment